This XR8 PLUS - 2250 KV (COMBO) - HWA38020407 - Product Has Been Discontinued From Hobbywing, but this is EPIC RC..and we will simply manually pair your combo together and provide you the combo as you would normally get it before it was a discontinued SKU. On our end, we buy the ESC + MOTOR separately from Hobbywing directly and provide it to you the customer as a combo
Note: The $369.99 Price Reflects the new combo pricing given the information above.
The Hobbywing Xerun XR8 Plus Brushless ESC/Motor Combo includes the awesome 4274SD G2 - 2250kV sensored motor to deliver unmatched power, performance, and reliability for demanding 1/8 scale racing applications. Built with high-quality components and loaded with cutting-edge firmware, the XR8 Plus is responsive enough to protect itself from damage due to abuse, overuse, or even human error. With its incredible power output and adjustable parameters, the XR8 Plus will deliver the smooth throttle response and linear throttle/brake qualities that discriminating drivers demand. Combine this incredible ESC with the Hobbywing 4268SD G2 Sensored Brushless Motor and you have an incredible combo package for 1/8 Off-Road Truggy and Monster Truck applications.
- Built In High Voltage BEC: The XR8 Plus is the first 1/8 ESC that includes an integrated HV BEC with 15 Amp output current, and adjustable output voltage from 6 to 7.2V. This BEC is designed to handle power-hungry servos with ease.
- Reliable Cooling System: Patented cooling technology utilizes proprietary heat conductive copper bars to rapidly and effectively transfer all internal heat from the MOSFET board to the integrated CNC machined billet aluminum heatsink housing. The cooling fan utilizes a shockproof mounting system that reduces the possibility of fan damage due to the repeated shock of landing jumps in a 1/8 scale off-road environment.
- Coasting: The XR8 Plus provides an exceptionally smooth off-throttle coasting function (patent pending), which simulates the feeling of inertia and momentum of a large-scale car driving experience. This greatly improves the performance of builds that utilize large high-powered motors, as electromagnetic drag becomes a substantial factor in sudden deceleration when in the off-throttle position, adversely affecting race performance and handling.
- Advanced and Secure Electronic Switch: The XR8 Plus features an electronic switch that has been rated with a lifespan of over 50,000 on/off cycles. The switch is completely waterproof, dustproof, and shock resistant.
- Virtually Maintenance Free: Thanks to the well-thought-out design, the XR8 Plus is virtually maintenance-free. Advanced error sensing and thermal protection, an exceptionally rugged housing, the ultimate in heat dissipation technology, and shock proof fan mounting make this ESC able to withstand anything a racer can throw at it.
- High-Performance Dynamic Timing Algorithm: The XR8 is the world's first competition-level 1/8 scale ESC that has dynamic timing technology. This expands the adjustable power output range of the ESC while still maintaining system efficiency and smoothness.
- Included Accessories: Includes 10awg wire, and mounting hardware. Does not include a programming box.
- Full-Sensored Mode: The first motor (in the world) with a built-in chip that helps the ESC identify it's a Hobbywing motor (when pairing with XERUN XR8/XR8 Plus) and form a power system that can work in the "Full-Sensored" mode to provide users with improved performance and smoother control. Note: this motor is also applicable to other ESCs, but it cannot work in the Sensored mode at all times.
- Turbo Timing Technology: When pairing this motor with HW XERUN XR8 series of ESCs, the Turbo Timing, which is widely adopted in 1/10th scale on-road racing, can be enabled and unleash the utmost power of the motor.
Bi-Directional Adjustable Timing: The bi-directional adjustable mechanical timing, can meet the different power demands of various applications. Bi-Direction refers to CW and CCW operation of the motor.
- Advanced Hall Sensing System: The first "error-free" Hall sensing system adopted by this motor guarantees users the steady operation in the "Full-Sensored" mode. A separate high-speed high precision encoder always outputs the clean signals (indicate the rotor) and not be affected by other signal interference.
- Low Cogging Torque: The first motor adopted the innovative 4-pole 8-magnet "staggered pole" rotor has an extremely low cogging effect and low torque pulsation (it's reduced by 85% when compared with traditional 1/8th scale motors).
- Continuous: 150A
- Peak: 950A
- Motor Type: Sensored/Sensorless Brushless Motor
- Applications: 1/8 Scale On Road/Off Road, Competition Level
- Motor Limit:
- 4S LiPo/12 Cell NiMH: 3000Kv for 4274 sizes or smaller motor
- 6S LiPo/18 Cell NiMH: 2400Kv for 4274 sizes or smaller motor
- LiPo/NiMH Cells: 2-6S LiPo, 6-18 Cell NiMH
- BEC Output: 6V/7.2V Switchable, Continuous Current of 6A (Switch Mode BEC)
- Cooling Fan: Powered by BEC Output Voltage
- Connectors: Open Post, must be soldered by the user
- Size (LxWxH): 58.7x48x36.9mm
- Weight: 127g (no wires)
- Programming Port: FAN/PRG Port
- KV (No-load): 2250
- Current No-load（A）: 5.4
- Motor Diameter x Length （mm）: 42x74
- Shaft Diameter x Length （mm）: 5x18.5
- LiPo (S): 2S-6S
- W (g): 396g
- Application: 1/8 Truggy, Monster Truck
- Sensored: Yes