ProTek CR21 - Broken-In .21 1/8 Nitro Club Race Engine
Adam Drake is a legend - so it's no surprise that when we decided to offer a pre-run CR21, we would take advantage of Adam's "EBIS" engine break-in services. Now, the same "Oil Bath" break-in service trusted by Ryan Maifield, Robert Battle, Ty Tessmann Spencer Rivkin, Mike Truhe, and many others is now available to you, performed with the knowledge and precision that has made The Drake a legend in RC racing.
The ProTek RC CR21 3-Port .21 Off-Road Engine is a great option for club racing on smaller tracks. With a freshly designed crankshaft and lightweight piston, the CR21 can deliver smooth power and crisp engine response. The engine shares the same bore and stroke as the highly successful ProTek Samurai engines, promoting peak engine performance. These features give budget-conscious racers an engine capable of extreme reliability and performance.
The CR21 nitro engine uses a 9-fin cooling head to maintain optimal operating temperatures, and add great looks. The combustion chamber is designed to promote low to medium RPM ranges, perfect for club racing, while still offering high-performance output at high RPM. Internally, the engine uses a chamfered "Knife-Edge" connecting rod that reduces reciprocating mass and increases peak RPM. The J3-1 carburetor allows for precise tuning via the three adjustable needles. Two carburetor inserts are included (6mm - Orange and 7mm - Yellow) to aid in tuning conditions.
Final Run In Instructions:
- Heat the engine to 180°F-200°F using the ProTek R/C 12V engine heater (PTK-4050).
- Prime and start the engine. The carb has been adjusted, but you may need to make slight adjustments depending on your fuel, vehicle, weather and elevation. Overall the settings will be very close.
- Tank #1 Let engine idle and heat saturate for 1-2 minutes. During this time you can fine-tune the idle adjustment and slowly apply the throttle to burn out any excess assembly oil. Start running the vehicle on the track or parking lot. The engine should be crisp on bottom to mid, but still slightly rich on top end. At the completion of the first tank, let the engine cool with the piston at bottom dead center.
- Tank #2 & 3 Preheat engine and continue running on the track. If needed, you can lean in the High-Speed Needle one hour. At the completion of the 3rd tank, let the engine cool with the piston at bottom dead center.
- Tank #4 Preheat the engine and continue running on the track. At this point, you should be close to race tune with High-Speed Needle slightly rich to provide proper lubrication. The engine will continue to improve and gain fuel mileage in the next ½ to full gallon of use. You should be ready to go racing!
- An excellent option for off-road club racing on smaller tracks
- Broken in by Adam Drake "Drake-In"
- Advanced crankshaft design and lightweight piston deliver smooth crisp power
- Black anodized 9-fin cooling head
- Includes an ultra hot ProTek P3 turbo glow plug
- "Knife Edged" connecting rod decreases reciprocating mass while increasing rpm
- 3-Needle J3-1 Carburetor allows for precise tuning
- Includes 6mm and 7mm carburetor venturis
- Displacement: .21ci (3.49cc)
- Recommended Application: 1/8 Off-Road
- Bore: 0.641in (16.27mm)
- Stroke: 0.661in (16.80mm)
- Output: 2.41hp @ 33,000RPM (2.45ps)
- Intake: 2
- Exhaust: 1
- Practical RPM Range: 4,000-40,000
Weight: 13.43oz (381g)
- PTK-2060: ProTek R/C 2060 Tuned Pipe w/Manifold (PTK-2060-1: pipe only)
- PTK-2090: ProTek R/C 2090 Tuned Pipe w/Manifold (PTK-2090-1: pipe only)
- PTK-2542: ProTek R/C P3 Turbo Glow Plug (Ultra Hot)
- (1) CR21 3-Port .21 Off-Road Engine
- (1) P3 "Glow Plug Turbo Glow Plug "Ultra Hot"
- (1) Exhaust Gasket
- (1) 7mm Venturi
- (1) 6mm Venturi