Adam Drake is a legend - so its no surprise that when we decided to offer a pre-run Samurai, we would take advantage of Adam's "EBIS" engine break in services. Now, the same "Oil Bath" break in service trusted by Ty Tessmann, Ryan Maifield, Robert Battle, Spencer Rivkin, Mike Truhe, and many others is now available to you, performed with the knowledge and precision that has made The Drake a legend in RC racing.
The ProTek R/C Samurai R03 3-Port .21 Competition Nitro Engine is the perfect weapon for 1/8 scale truggy and large track buggy applications, where an aggressive power band can provide an advantage. The Samurai R03 delivers a lethal blow with its high power 22E carburetor and long stroke configuration. Combine this with a 3-Port sleeve, turbo head button, 9 fin cooling head and rear ceramic bearing, and the R03 becomes a formidable opponent with its power, performance and proven reliability.
The Samurai R03 has been meticulously designed and crafted in Japan by a leading maker of model engines and delivers a versatile package like no other – excellent power delivery, predictable, crisp throttle-response and consistent carburetor settings are all traits every racer needs to stand atop the podium. So remember, when you head out to the battle field, it is better to fight with a Samurai than against one.
Final Run In Instructions:
- Heat the engine to 180°F-200°F using the ProTek R/C 12V engine heater (PTK-4050).
- Prime and start the engine. The carb has been adjusted, but you may need to make slight adjustments depending on your fuel, vehicle, weather and elevation. Overall the settings will be very close.
- Tank #1 Let engine idle and heat saturate for 1-2 minutes. During this time you can fine-tune the idle adjustment and slowly apply the throttle to burn out any excess assembly oil. Start running the vehicle on the track or parking lot. The engine should be crisp on bottom to mid, but still slightly rich on top end. At the completion of the first tank, let the engine cool with the piston at bottom dead center.
- Tank #2 & 3 Preheat engine and continue running on the track. If needed, you can lean in the High-Speed Needle one hour. At the completion of the 3rd tank, let the engine cool with the piston at bottom dead center.
- Tank #4 Preheat engine and continue running on the track. At this point you should be close to race tune with High Speed Needle slightly rich to provide proper lubrication. The engine will continue to improve and gain fuel mileage the next ½ to full gallon of use. You should be ready to go racing!
- Superior tunability
- Low CG 9 fin cooling head
- Aggressive power band
- Ideal for 1/8 truck and large track 1/8 buggy applications
- 6 & 6.5mm circular venturis
- Ceramic rear bearing
- ABC piston and cylinder
- Ultra hot ProTek P3 turbo glow plug
- Strengthened black-coated crankcase
- Utilizes 22E "High Power" Carburetor
- Goes Braaaaap!
- PTK-2090: ProTek R/C 2090 Tuned Pipe w/Manifold
- PTK-2542: ProTek R/C P3 Turbo Glow Plug (Ultra Hot)
Displacement: 3.49cc / 0.213 cu.in.
Output: 2.68ps/2.64hp/34,000 r.p.m
Practical RPM Range: 4,000-42,000 r.p.m.
- (1) R03 Off-Road Buggy Engine w/22E Carburetor
- (1) "Gold" P3 Turbo Glow Plug (Ultra Hot)
- (1) High Temp Exhaust Gasket
- (1) 6mm "Circular" Aluminum Carburetor Restrictor
- (1) 6.5mm "Circular" Aluminum Carburetor Restrictor
- (3) Dust Caps (3mm, 16mm & 17mm)
- (1) Instruction Manual