The Mugen Seiki MBX8R 1/8 Off-Road Competition Nitro Buggy Kit has been developed to provide racers with the leading edge. The MBX8R has many updates over prior models leading to improved stability, rear traction, improved jumping, and have a wide tuning range. These updates give racers the adjustments needed for any track condition.
The suspension uses narrow "C" and "D" pivot blocks with revised inserts. Longer box-shaped arms are made from impact-resistant material for increased durability. The rear uprights have also been given improvements and use carbon fiber reinforced polymers (CFRP) to adjust roll centers. These improvements allow for a more tunable and more advanced suspension system.
The included 4-shoe clutch is more advanced and can easily be worked on and tuned. This 34mm clutch is made from aluminum and features adjustable spring tension to fine-tune the engagement to best suit the racers engine, track conditions, and personal preference. The clutch is paired with a 13T clutch bell for out of the box performance.
Chassis and Drivetrain:
The chassis has received key updates to accommodate the revised suspension geometry. The drivetrain has received major updates to the differentials. High traction Differentials (HTD) are used to provide increased acceleration, longer runtimes, and more consistent handling. A larger volume differential cup increases consistency allowing the racer to easily time rhythm sections and further increase traction. In the rear of the chassis, a lightweight, IFMAR legal, high downforce wing is used for further improvement to jumping.
NOTE: Finished kit shown in the photos is for illustrative purposes only. See the needed to complete list below for a list of items required to complete the model.
- Narrow C and D blocks allow for precise squat and toe adjustments
- Fully adjustable 34mm 4-shoe clutch with 13T clutch bell
- Includes HTD differentials for increased acceleration, longer runtimes and consistent handling
- S bent air filter boot and high-volume filter housing
- Brake override and caliper springs for smoother more consistent braking
- 90-degree fuel tank fitting for cleaner fuel line routing
- Sway bar collars to reduce sway bar movement
- Emulsion shock caps are included in the MBX8R kit
Wheelbase: 315-320 (adjustable)
Gear Ratio: 12.24:1
- (1) Mugen Seiki MBX8R 1/8 Off-Road Competition Nitro Buggy Kit
- 2-channel, 2-servo R/C System for cars
- 21-class Engine & Tuned Pipe
- Engine starting tools
- Batteries for R/C system
- Tires, Wheels, Inserts & CA Glue
- Fuel & Fuel Bottle
- Polycarbonate Paint for Body
- Tools for Assembly