Skip to product information
The Team Associated RC8B4 Team 1/8 4WD Off-Road Nitro Buggy Kit is designed to push the limits of off-road racing. This buggy has been given a huge overhaul and features updated gearboxes, front upper and lower arm design, rear arm design, chassis braces, rear hub design, and fuel tank design for peak performance. The front-end geometry has also received updates allowing for increased stability and more consistent steering through the entire steering throw. All of these features come together for a buggy that is ready to dominate the track.
Front and Rear Gearbox
The front and rear gearboxes have received crucial updates. The front gearbox features a 3.5° incline allowing for a straightened driveshaft, increasing drivetrain efficiency. The rear gearbox uses a 0° pinion angle, maintaining this straightened driveshaft system. Both gearboxes use oversized bearings for a longer bearing lifespan.
Front Suspension Arms
The front upper and lower suspension arms have been designed to accommodate a wide range of flex and stiffness options. Optional inserts have been made to provide extreme fine-tuning and will work with the upper or lower arm. The lower arm features a one-piece anti-roll bar link mounts that are in-line with the anti-roll bar for simplified assembly and operation.
Rear Suspension Arms
The rear arms have been designed for optimum flex and stiffness with no inserts. However, optional inserts may be used for fine-tuning. The rear arms also feature a one-piece anti-roll bar link is mounted in-line with the anti-roll bar with a BHCS instead of a shock pin for simplified assembly.
NOTE: Finished kit shown in photos is for illustrative purposes only. See the needed to complete list below for a list of items required to complete the model.
- Updated front and rear suspension arms
- Updated front and rear gearbox housings
- Rear wing mount has adjustable wing angle shims, significant strength improvements, an aerodynamic shape, and extra clearance for shock position adjustment
- Rear wing has more vertical fins for increased straight-line stability, a taller rear wickerbill height for increased downforce, increased strength in various areas to reduce bending fatigue, and dimples on the backside as a template for cutout holes
- Rear chassis brace has several design features and flex options
- +1mm offset rear hub features asymmetrical left and right common design with axle height inserts for adjustable roll center tuning
- Updated fuel tank with many updated features
Scale Size: 1:8 Scale
Body Style: Buggy
Length: 486mm (19.13in)
Width: 304.5mm (11.99in)
Power Source: Nitro Fuel
Assembly Level: Kit
- (1) RC8B4 Off-Road Nitro Buggy Kit
Needed to Complete:
- .21 class rear exhaust engine
- Exhaust system: muffler and header joining pack, or muffler spring
- 2 or 3 channel radio/transmitter set with switch - FM/PCM/2.4GHz recommended
- 4.8-7.4v receiver battery
- Flat style NiMH, OR Flat style LiPo receiver battery
- Model car fuel (20-30% nitro recommended)
- Fuel bottle
- Glow igniter
- Starter box
- 1:8 scale buggy tires & wheels
- CA (cyanoacrylate) glue
- Polycarbonate-specific spray paint or polycarbonate-specific bottled paint and airbrush
- Thread-locking compound
- Steering servo
- Throttle servo
- Silicone Shock & Diff Fluid